Monday, August 29, 2016

Oceans and Lakes: A Reflection of the Summer

This afghan is a beautiful tribute to a fabulous summer. The colors of the afghan are the same colors I saw reflected in the waters. (tan, pink, blue, green, and grey/purple)

This is a queen sized afghan made from the Devin Square in "The Granny Square Book" by Margaret Hubert.

Since it is tightly stitched with soft yarn, this granny square makes an incredibly snuggly blanket. Personally, it is my favorite pattern for blankets.

The colors are randomized, and the yarn is Big Twist, weight 4. You can find this yarn in Joanne Fabrics stores, or you can look online. The afghan took 10 skeins of yarn. I used a crochet hook size I, but the yarn company recommends using size H.

I started this afghan while vacationing in Canada, and I finished a month later. Attempting an afghan this size takes a lot of time and commitment. By the end, each row took an hour and a half to complete. Nothing helps you relax more in the fall and winter than an afghan you made while relaxing in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment