Saturday, August 13, 2016

Paisley Peacock

Painting is one of my favorite pastimes, if not the most relaxing, but finding something worth painting can be difficult. Sure, landscapes are beautiful and abstracts are easy, but I prefer to make something unique and pleasurable to the eye.

This is the paisley peacock. I painted it for my mother. Although it is plain and simple, it is also unusual and fun to look at.

I am no pro by any means, but here are a few tips.

1) Mix your paints for stunning colors. Don't just use the green from the bottle, mix blue and yellow to get it.

2) Paint light colors before dark colors. Once you add a dark color, it is harder to add a light one.

3) Use the 1/3, 2/3 rule. Don't just put your painting in the center of the picture. Instead put it at a 1/3 or 2/3 mark. (This is a good photography tip too)

This painting is made from acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment